Monday, December 17, 2012

I will go where you want me to go Dear Lord

So after opening my call I have had a few people ask if I was disappointed to go state side. To be perfectly honest, at first just a little. But it was only ever a little, for the most part I have just been happy and excited. I was hearing from friends and girls around me going to these amazing places and going to be in a brand new culture where as I am going actually closer to home to a culture I grew up around. But it doesn't matter because before I got my call I promised that I would love my mission no matter where it was, I would go buy a flag and wave it around and be so excited and proud of my mission. Like Alma said "my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God" (Alma 26:12) It doesn't matter where I go it just matters that I can boast of my God, I get to tell people of Christ and our Heavenly Father and the love they have for us all! If it wasn't for amazing missionaries who went to California I would not be here as a member of the church and definetly not a missionary. I will be able to bless the lives of the people of Tucson and love them very much, thats what matters.

So I found this poem posted by a sister going to the Provo UT mission and it sums up some feelings.
Where shall i serve today?

“Father, where shall I serve today?” I said,
And my love flowed warm and free.
Then he pointed me out a little spot
And said, “There, tend that for me.”

I said, “Oh no, not that,
Not that little place.
Why, no one would ever see –
No matter how well my work was done –
Not that little spot for me.”

The words he spoke — they were not stern.
He answered me tenderly,
“Little one, search that heart of thine,
Art thou serving them or me?
Nazareth was just a little spot
And so was Galilee.”

-Meade McGuire


So after that little bit of disappointment yes I am still super excited. I was never really upset and I don't want anyone to take it as that I just wanted to say that yes I may only be going state side but it doesn't make me any less of a good missionary or any less of a good Mormon it just means that that is where I am needed, thats where I will fit and be able to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment