Monday, February 10, 2014

Welcome to the Dirty T


This was what I read in a note for my day of exchange.  It was so true, it was dirty Tucson!   I went down south to the true ghetto of Tucson this week.  And wow was I incredibly thankful for my current area.  If you have ever seen the gangster movies where people get shot at in their apartments, ya that’s what this looked like.  It was crazy!   But the people were so nice and I got to learn a lot.  I really noticed how sometimes we take for granted the fact that we are called to represent Jesus Christ and all we wanna do is see our friends.  But there was one Elder that really helped me remember that during a dinner.  This Elder seriously changed the way I see my entire mission.   So this is what happened.  I was all happy to have dinner and we were having it with the other 4 Elders so it was gonna be a fun time getting to know them and making new friends and all right?   No....  This one Elder made us all talk in Spanish and include the member feeding us (you know like being polite and nice)  and then it was time to share the message since after dinner we always share a spiritual thought of some form.  It usually is just a random nice scripture that we like but this Elder had a whole lesson planned!   Using a bible, video and singing a hymn and everything.  I started that dinner just kinda laughing on the inside about how stuck up this guy was being and left feeling so humbled and seeing how much better I could be.  It’s crazy the twists and turns we take as missionaries and how much it changes us.

Hermana Grove

Another day hiking...

No comments:

Post a Comment