Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Last Day Before I Go!

So this has been quite an eventful 5 months,   from "The Announcement"   to MTC.  

I have been so grateful to come back to California to spend a bit of time with my family.

But a good warning for anyone going on a mission - Satan will attack you harder than ever.    You might doubt that you want to go,  you may think your call isn't where you are supposed to go,  you will loose that brand new shirt that you got,  you may also turn your laundry pink,  your car will have trouble,  and if you have a boy in your life I promise he will do something stupid before you leave.   But all you need to do is keep moving forward - make sure the roots of your testimony is strong and take things one hour at a time (maybe even one minute)   but just keep looking forward and to the Lord,  and of course laugh at all the silly little things that go wrong because when again will you loose clothes, have your sink break, turn your clothes pink, loose your wallet, and have the fire alarm go off in one weekend ever again?   These are the things that make us stronger and are the ways Satan tries to deter us from this great and marvelous work.

I am going out to Arizona because I know without a doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true,  it is Christ's church restored again on the earth.  I am giving up a year and a half of my life away from family, friends, and my gymnasts so that I can tell others of the joy the gospel can bring to them,  to tell them that families can be eternal and that there is a prophet on the earth today.  I love my Heavenly Father and am grateful that I can serve him.

Write me Please!   and good-bye till the MTC
     Sister Suzy Grove

No comments:

Post a Comment