Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One more week!



Ahhhh!   what only one week left!   By this time next week I will be making my way back to Utah to enter the MTC!  me little me who went from 3 years ago having missionaries knock on her door to going and being one myself.

So many things are happening and going crazy.  Between California red tap and the silliest little things like loosing my jacket.   I know that Satan is choosing to amp up his ways of trying to make me not go.   But I get the best protection I could possibly think of and that that for the next few days I will get a priesthood holder with me at all times since Nathan is flying out today.  That is something I learned that I took for granted up at school.  Up there I could have texted a multitude of friends or even just walk out my door and I could fine a priesthood holder for a blessing or to give me a plunger.  Here back in California they all are a bit farther, there aren't as many and most of them have work or school or a family.  But for the next few days I will have one all for myself.  And the blessings that come with that.

So my last thoughts before I go have been ones of, "YEAH IM SO EXCITED!"  to "umm why am I doing this" even "I'm not a missionary yet I can sleep in for another hour, or 4...."  My last favorite is "someone please steal my car so I don't have to pay for getting it fixed"         But overall the one thing I know that stays with me is "My life has been so blessed by this gospel I had so many missionaries there to help me along the way and I love them so much for what they brought to me,  I hope that I can do just the same and help to change someone else's life for the better"

Just yesterday I got to go out with the sister missionaries and I got to see all different ranges of people....
       I got to be in a lesson with a man just about to be baptized on Saturday and he is amazing,  my favorite part of that lesson was not only just how strong the Spirit was but also how happy he was that him and his wife will be able to be sealed together in a year.  I am so excited for them!
      The next one was of a man who was recently baptized.  That man knew the lessons and understood them.  It was great to see the bond that he had with the sisters that taught him and how when we told him that one of them is going to get transfered how upset he was about it.  This one sister was able to help this man so much and able to change his life so much that he would have shut the door on them at their first meeting to now being in tears when she is leaving after he has been baptized.
      The next experience was going to a man's house who just started the lessons.  It was amazing to see that a man at 60 years old can still be learning so much and can still be a little self conscious.  During that lesson was when I really realized just how ready and excited I am to serve, even if I didn't know anything and needed help explaining things.   I was so happy to explain prayer and explain just how important it is and how we are all still like little children to our Heavenly Father and by praying even if our words dont come out right like a 3 year old it doesn't matter because our Heavenly Father will still love us and is just happy that we are praying.

Over all I am so happy to be going on my mission, even if the road to get there is hard I know it is worth it.   I know that this church is true and that what Im doing will bless the lives of others as well as blessing my own.

Almost Sister Grove

No comments:

Post a Comment