Friday, January 24, 2014

Better late than never.....right?


So this week my companion got sick - very sick, flu we think.  So that’s why I’m emailing later in the week.  P-day was on Tuesday for transfers (we are staying together) and she got sick that day so this is our first time out of the apartment - well 2nd but first full day this week.      

So this week I had the most embarrassing thing to happen to me on the mish so far....  So we were having dinner at a members house and I had to pee (that’s important) so I used their restroom and when the toilet flushed it didn’t go down, it just kept getting fuller and fuller and started to overflow!!  So I quickly grabbed a glove and a dish that we used to wash their dogs the day before and started throwing water into the bathtub....  then got the plunger but it didn’t work, in fact it broke!   So I’m sitting there trying to get this fixed and finally give up and go out to get one of the elders, but their son was there to help and he took care of it.  But the worst part was when I came out our little 9 year old investigator (they got invited over for dinner as well) yelled "Wow, you were in there for a while"  and proceeded to go into the bathroom and tell everyone how it was stinky in there.....    I told the other missionaries and we are all just laughing over it so much.

We got to go to the temple this week which for anyone who doesn't know what the temple is check out http://mormon.org/faq/topic/temples/question/church-and-temple   It was so nice just to get to feel the spirit so strong there.  For the  trip our car got chosen to drive the 300 mile trip....   so we have like NO miles left from our allotment for the month and have been walking almost 5 miles everyday.  One day we had forgotten to bring clothes to wash that member's dogs and so we ran (in skirts yes) to the goodwill like 2 miles away to get clothes and ran back to our car.  It was just so funny.  Well except the fact that my heels started blistering and bleeding but hey that’s missionary work.


Hope everyone is doing well back home
Hermana Grove



Our neighbors and favorite elders

I'm gonna miss this kid, even if he did insult California

My step sister!

All the missionaries for our branch

Con mi companera

And our awkward district,  we called ourselves boarder patrol - I don't actually understand why...

No comments:

Post a Comment