Monday, August 11, 2014

One More Week!


So this may be my last blog post as a missionary,  that’s just CRAZY!

But this week has been just insane.  On Tuesday after emailing about that car accident, I got bit by a dog!   I’m just fine now, just a bit scared of random dogs now.  So what had happened was we were at dinner at this member's house and they had the sweetest cocker spaniel, or so I thought,,,,,  So I went to give it a hug (big mistake)  and so it proceeded to bite my head.....   I have about 4 nice bite marks in my head and one on my nose.  They are mainly just scrapes and none required stitches but I get to deal with picking scabs out of my hair now.....    haha  Oh mission life!

Wednesday was crazy!  I got to be on splits which means I was just with a member as a companion instead of my normal companion  and so I felt so weird.  Then on Saturday we had a go go go kind of day.  We had things to do from 8 AM till 8 PM  with just a little time for a lunch.  But the bad part was we got to take our investigator to a baptism but it ended up being awful!  The baptism lasted an hour and a half and it really scared our poor investigator....  but it’s OK.   We will talk with her soon and we know that Heavenly Father has a plan!

Also Sunday I got to give a talk - it will be my last talk as a missionary which is kind of sad.  I spoke on why member missionary work is so important by sharing my story of being invited to church for the first time.  Then I spoke on the importance of choices.  I have learned while out that the decisions we make now really can affect us for the rest of our lives and the importance of choosing now what we will do when faced with hard trials.  My favorite quote I have found on my mission is from Elder Neal A Maxwell about Joshua 29:15  "Joshua didn't say choose you next year whom you will serve; he spoke of 'this day' while there is still daylight and before the darkness becomes more and more normal"  It’s so true we get to choose TODAY how we will react later, if we will be active in the church,  if things go bad will we stay faithful?   I have made that decision that yes  no matter what adversity may come I will stay faithful to my Heavenly Father and will remain active in the church.   

Thank you so much everyone for all the support I have been given in these last 18 months!

Love 
Hermana Grove


Note from Mom:

Suzy returns home Wednesday Aug 20.  If you want information about her flight arrival you can email me at kathygrove2@aol.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment