Monday, August 19, 2013

6 Months!


Woah!   Tomorrow I will have been out for 6 months. It so does not feel that long but at the same time it does.  It’s kinda sad to think I only have a year left but it’s the time allotted for me to serve in this way for now.

So yesterday we went to see a lost sheep (non-active member), and he yelled and yelled (in Spanish) about how screwed up the church is but he turned to me and asked me for a scripture that could help you find out what is true and so I start to go to the Book of Mormon in Alma 32  and he is like NO En LA BIBLIA.   So I grab one and he says now go to Santiago (James)  and instead I just rattled of James 1:5 (in spanish of course).   YEAH for Holy Ghost bringing things to your remembrance!  He now likes us :)  , well at least me.  Haha  So ya that was fun.  

I also got to go on exchanges this week and that was super fun.  My companion for the day also used to coach gymnastics so we had a blast.  We ran about 2 miles for morning workout - it was SO nice!   

Hmm what else,  O we played capture the flag with our YSA’s and I got a bunch of red ant bites on my hand.  That wasn’t fun.

We also had a Zone Conference this week and we talked about a principle and a rule and the difference between the two.  It’s really awesome cuz all our commandments are kinda rules, but they all come from the principle of loving the Lord and others.  Also then any other modern rule stems from the principle that we follow a prophet.  

I am really loving it out here in New Mexico.  It’s such a cute little town and we just have so much fun!

Hermana Grove

No comments:

Post a Comment