Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Purpose of This Work


So this week I really got a chance to see the ultimate purpose of this work.   We got to go to the temple to see a couple in our ward married for eternity!  This couple had just recently come back to church because of missionaries and it just made me think that this really is the purpose of our work.  I thought of the quote that a missionary is someone who leaves their family for a short time so others can be with theirs for eternity.  It is so true.  And we got to see this first hand with this family.

That was the big event of the week.  We also got to go on a hike this morning with some of our zone and that was super fun.  We ended up roasting hot dogs too.  I smell like smoke from that haha....

Last thing was that since we cover 2 different groups of people (well 3)   we do splits on Sundays now and with that I got to go to our ward all by myself and try to learn everything about well everything.  It was a bit overwhelming.  It’s overwhelming enough to just be in a new ward but then to be a missionary and by yourself, you just have no clue....

But the work goes on!
Hermana Grove

No comments:

Post a Comment